Sunday, April 19, 2009

TNC Practice w/ Alison Krauss

So yes, there are many trip pictures left to post, but I thought we'd take a quick break so I could post this very short video from Nashville Choir practice today w/ Alison Krauss. We're singing for the Governor's Prayer Breakfast this coming Thursday and she is singing a couple of songs with us. I seriously had to hold back the giddiness when she came in and started singing. I told Erik it's like she opens her mouth and angels start singing, at which point he laughed at me and probably rolled his eyes. Anyway, it was a huge thrill for me - she was super sweet and cute and really just has an amazing, effortless-sounding voice. I'm so thankful for the opportunity to sing with such an incredible musician. Ron Block, a guitarist from Union Station (her band) was there to accompany her, but we ended up doing the songs a capella so we didn't get to hear him, which would have also been great. Anyway, here's the video - sorry it's so short, but I had to get back to singing before I got in trouble.

6 comments:

B said...

That is so awesome. I love her! What choir is this that you're in?

Meg said...

You're so sneaky!! She's so crazy talented...

starbucksgirl said...

Catherine, the Nipper's corner store does not take the Target printables, however, the following stores DO take them (Maryland Farms in Brentwood, Moore's Lane store in Cool Springs and the Royal Oaks store in Franklin). Hope that helps. I usually travel a few miles down the road to the Maryland Farms Publix when I have Target Q's. :)

nina rice said...

Thanks for posting, Catherine. She's one of my favorites. In fact, last year at Christmas, Ryan gave us tickets to see her at Carnegie Hall. Only problem... he didn't check Robb's calendar... he was in Sweden. Boo..

Amber said...

That's awesome, thanks so much for sharing. I can't believe you were able to hold the camera still. I would have been shaking like crazy!

Habby said...

OH My~ WHat a cool experience, I LOVE HER!