Tuesday, October 20, 2009

Our Singing Sensation

Since she was really little Sophie has loved to sing, and the older she gets the more songs she learns and the more often we are surprised by the words she knows. A couple of weeks ago we filmed this while she was eating (the only time she sits still long enough to get a video).

I'll try to post birthday pics later this week, but for now here's a video of our growing girl. It's such a joy to hear our daughter singing songs about our Father and we pray daily that he will call her to Himself and she will one day love Him.


6 comments:

Nita said...

Bravo! Love the song. Cate wants to know when Sophie's CD is coming out (believe me, she'd listen to it again and again and again - just like this video clip). She's also hoping that Sophie's version of Aikendrum is on there. That's a classic.

Jen said...

cath, when we were kids, we had to sing songs at each family gathering...so for thanksgiving this year, we would like to feature sophie. so if you could work on her her repetoire with her, that would be fantastic!! thanks for sharing...(i know that she's your daughter and my niece when she says the big "wooo!" at the end!!).

Sarah said...

OH MY WORD! This is adorable! I love it! That's the little blessing we use before each meal and it is hilarious to hear our 2 yr olds "try" to sing it. Gosh Catherine, I wish we could have a playdate! i think our girls would have a delightful time together :)

Unknown said...

There's just something about singing with an apple in your mouth that produces such a unique clarity.

Pops

Meg said...

I've watched the end of this about five times now, and I laugh out loud every time I here the "Aaaawwaaawww men" and laugh even harder when she throws her hands up in the air... This is awesome. I agree with Jen--this should be featured at Thanksgiving... and every other meal :)

AAA said...

I really like the part where she is saying "thank you for your blessings"! Do you think she will someday record a tape with a special song for a special someone (like her Mommy)?