For those who don't know, my (Catherine) mom, Linda, was diagnosed with thyroid cancer a couple of weeks ago and she's undergoing surgery tomorrow to have her thyroid and some lymph nodes removed. I just wanted to take the opportunity to ask you to pray for her and her doctor during the long surgery process. My mom has been an inspiration as she's been given her diagnosis and in turn given that to the Lord and sought His plan for how He wants to use it in her life.
Here's a little segment of an email she sent me tonight - hopefully it will encourage you as it has me:
'I believe God has really prepared your dad and me for this time in our lives, as well as you, Aaron, Erik, Laura and even my grandchildren in His own sovereign plan. It's a blessing to know His joy and peace in such a way that we really can rejoice in the expectation of what He desires to do in our lives in order for us to share His gospel and to see Him glorified. We do not want to focus on us but to focus on Him, as we have heard it said, "to make much of Him."'
I pray for her, and for us - that we would know that joy and peace and would be able to rejoice in trials.
Thank you all!
2 comments:
wow, your mom seems like an incredibly wise and godly woman. I need to learn from her! Praying for her, and you all, this morning.
I am encouraged by your mother's words. Thank you for sharing this! We will definitely be praying for her.
Post a Comment