Wednesday, April 7, 2010

It's a BOY!

Today Erik and I got to see our little baby boy in an ultrasound and it was just so amazing. It's so neat how finding out the gender instantly creates a bond between you and your child. Obviously you can still love your baby if you don't know (although why would anyone not want to find out, Amber and Nita?). But with Sophie and this baby the second we found out the gender I teared up and just felt such a love for them that was different than just knowing there was a baby in my womb. So praise God for the technology of the ultrasound (and for all that it does to assist in crisis pregnancy centers - what an amazing tool to show women their unborn children). As a side note, I'm so excited to hear what my crazy friends are having and can't imagine the excitement of finding out when you're giving birth.

Anyway, we are thrilled that we're going to have a little boy, and are praising God that everything looked good and he is healthy and growing appropriately. I'm feeling good, my heart is strong, and I finally have some good energy to get things done around here.

In other news, it's potty training week and Sophie has been doing great. I'm starting to feel a little trapped in my own home, but thankfully my parents are coming in this weekend (and incidentally, my mom is bringing her professional grade carpet cleaner at just the right time).

We appreciate your prayers for our family - all four of us - and are thankful for your friendship. Here are a couple of pics of the kiddo - he looks like he has Sophie's nose :)


5 comments:

Emily said...

Looks like the nose flare will definitely live on =)

Sarah said...

Congrats!! How exciting! And I'm so thankful to hear that both baby AND mommy are healthy.

We're going to start potty training soon as well. I'm pretty nervous about it, but it must be done. Let me know how yours goes!

Nita said...

Oh, Catherine, he's precious! Great pics! We are so excited for you guys! And, for the record, we ARE finding out what we're having... it's just going to be a few more weeks... like 7. :)

P.S. Potty training is going terribly over here today. Hope it's going better for Sophie!

Melea said...

What a blessing! We're thankful that you both are doing great. And hang in there...they learn about that potty before you know it!

Amber said...

Wow...you've been busy with your blog. I just got caught up. I love all the new pictures. We are so excited that you are having a little boy. Sophie will be a great big sister. We love you guys so much and pray for you often. And, Nita's right, we will be finding out in a very short time! Can't wait!!