Here's the latest on the pregnancy. I was 38 weeks this past Monday. When I went to the OB last Friday I was 80% effaced, but not dilated at all. He said he didn't know how I was walking because the baby is so low, but unfortunately that doesn't seem to be helping me dilate. I woke up one night this week with contractions for about 45 minutes, but they stopped when I got out of bed to go down and eat a 2 a.m. snack. Micah is still really active and kicking all around, so that's reassuring. So that's all I know at this point - I go back Friday for another exam and my doctor said we might have to talk about induction if I get to 3 or 4cm and am fully effaced, but not in labor. He's worried that labor will go really quickly and I won't make it to the hospital in time. And after having 2 friends pushing their 2nd babies out en route to the delivery room, just to deliver a few minutes after getting in the room, I'm wanting to be cautious. Erik doesn't want to deliver this kid.
If you think of it, please pray for our family as we prepare for these changes and adjustments. I'm especially praying that God will grant me patience with Sophie as I deal with Micah - I don't want to take my exhaustion out on her. And I'm just praying a lot for her to adjust well to her little brother. Thanks!
Here are a couple of pics:

5 comments:
Catherine, you look great! It is definitely challenging when you are suddenly outnumbered by children... but you will do great :)
thanks for the update, we will be praying!!!
You are the most beautiful pregnant person I have ever seen... and I have seen alot (but not as many as Amy :)
awwww...those pictures are great! You look fabulous. We can't wait to meet Micah. Love ya!
You look great Cath!! Love you so much and am so excited for you guys!!
Post a Comment