Wednesday, January 19, 2011

Virginia Christmas

We finished our grand Christmas tour with a few days at my parents' house in VA. We had a great time with Bubby and Laura and Papa and Gran. Aaron and Laura hadn't yet met Micah, so that was fun...I'm sure he'll never forget it. Again, not a lot of pics of this week, and a few of the ones I have I stole from Laura's facebook page.

Sophie drowning in a sea of my old stuffed animals - which my parents are slowly sending to our house. First it was one at a time, but now that Micah's here they seem to think they can get away with sending them in twos. Not a fan of this. I mean, don't get me wrong - they have great sentimental value as most of them were given to me by my father. But I love for that sentimental value to stay in my old house, where we can enjoy it when we visit.

Sophie modeling her (and my) new presents

Sophie & Papa

Handing out presents

Aaron and Laura have been threatening to give Sophie a sandbox for awhile now, but we were THRILLED to find, not a sandbox (which I hate), but a great basketball goal for the kiddos. Sophie was really sad when she found out it had to go outside and couldn't stay in our living room permanently.

Sweet Bubby love...when he and Laura were leaving Sophie attached herself to his leg and wouldn't let him leave. She has great aunts and uncles - we're so blessed!

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

Leave the basketball goal inside. Basketball is an indoor sport. Bad habits are picked up when the game is moved outdoors to the asphalt.

Nita said...

Love the Christmas posts and Sophie's new backpack. I cannot explain Cate's excitement when she saw Sophie in HER "packpack." Also, I guess I'll be returning the sandbox we got for Sophie. Oh well, guess she won't be getting a present from us this year... Love you!