Tuesday, February 19, 2008

Going to Church

Sophie seems to really like being at church. She is so aware of what's going on around her and loves to be around lots of people. She's started going to the nursery and this is great for all three of us. This past Sunday Erik and I had to be there early so we put her in the sleeping room in the nursery in her car seat and let her sleep for awhile. The nursery worker later told me that after awhile she heard Sophie in there just talking to herself and playing for 15-20 minutes. Then she came out and just stared at the other kids. I know I need to enjoy this stage because very soon she will be so busy and I'm sure it will be next to impossible to get her to stay still. So for now we'll enjoy the peacefulness and look forward with some fear and trepidation.

2 comments:

Unknown said...

Why put her in the nursery? Why not do like a visiting family at our church Sunday who let their kid fuss, whine and cry through the entire service and finally take her out with five minutes to go in the sermon. Sophie's special...she shouldn't have to go in the nursery!

nina rice said...

I agree. When your kid gets sick every Tuesday, you'll quickly learn the nursery isn't what it's cracked up to be!